As we have a fleet of boats available for scalloping we can handle any size group or party and we usually have availability, (even at the last minute), for whenever you want to experience what's best described as an "Underwater Easter Egg Hunt!"
Scalloping in Homosassa is like an
"underwater easter Egg hunt"
Scalloping is part snorkeling experience, part treasure dive and part saltwater fishing experience that can be enjoyed by family members of all ages. Spend quality time with your family and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Some clients will book an entire day and spend the morning scalloping and the afternoon swimming in the crystal clear spring water at the beginning of the Homosassa River. Our custom Young 24 has a smooth comfortable dry ride and can easily accommodate four to six divers. Why not scallop from the nicest, sleekest, fastest, coolest, and classiest charter boat in all of Citrus County! Or our newly renovated custom Carolina Skiff, (floating barge), can comfortably handle six diver's and both boats are equipped with a ladder for your convenience. All it takes is a snorkel, a mask and a mesh bag to get in on the action.
The bag limit is 2 gallons of whole scallops, (in the shell), or 1 pint of scallop meat per person per day. In addition, no more than 10 gallons of whole scallops or 1/2 gallon of scallop meat may be possessed aboard any vessel at any time.
Cleaning of scallops is available dockside. We supply license, coolers, ice and expert instructions, in and out of the water. What you'll need to bring is snorkel, mask, fins, drinks, food, and sun protection, (hat, t-shirt, lotion, sunglasses).
Homosassa scallop tours cost $350.00, for one to four people for a half day adventure and $75.00 for each additional person up to six people. We do two Scallop charters per day, the morning charter is from 7 to 11 AM, and the afternoon charter is from Noon until 4 PM. We highly recommend the morning charters for a few reasons, fewer boats so it's not as crowded and much safer, (especially weekends), it's not as hot and less chance of summertime thunderstorms. We have perfected the technique of catching Scallops in Homosassa, and over the last few seasons, we usually catch our limit of scallops within two hours! We have many clients that return year after year to enjoy what is best described as an "Underwater Easter Egg Hunt"!!
Payment / Cancellation Policy
- A 50% refundable deposit is required to book a charter, in the event of a cancellation, the deposit may be carried over to another date.
- Your deposit will be refunded if notice of cancellation is received 7 days prior to your reservation. If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, you will forfeit your entire payment.
- In the case of severe weather, the guest, and the captain will discuss either rebooking for another day or canceling. In the event the trip is canceled, all monies paid will be refunded through the same method as payment was made.
Fleet of boats available for any size group
Boat Ramps & Directions
- Take U.S. 19 into Homosassa Springs, look for a Burger King at the intersection of U.S 19 and Yulee Drive.
- Turn west on Yulee Drive and follow the two-lane road (double-yellow lines) for about 2 miles to the stop sign.
- Turn left at stop sign and continue to follow double-yellow lines just over a mile. Keep right at the school where Yulee Drive becomes Cherokee Way.
- After another quarter of a mile, you will come to a four-way stop sign (you will see Riverside Resort on your right).
- Drive straight ahead for 200 feet and turn left before the boat ramp onto the parking lot of MacRae's. The log cabin building on your left is the office and the gray block bait house is on the river to your right.
The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and the bait house is open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Both are open daily except on Christmas.